State Graffiti Taskforce
The Taskforce has been allocated responsibility to manage and be accountable for the implementation and outcomes of the State Government’s commitment to reducing graffiti vandalism.
The Government has demonstrated, in earnest, a whole-of-government approach in tackling graffiti vandalism by ensuring that the Taskforce has high level multi-agency membership, and active member participation in the development and coordination of the strategy.
The Graffiti Team forms the foundation on which the effective and efficient delivery of the Graffiti Taskforce and Graffiti Vandalism Strategy initiatives will be managed. Graffiti Team Project Officers are responsible for undertaking research, development, implementation and monitoring of all initiatives, while also providing advice to the Taskforce regarding innovation and progress towards strategy outcomes.
Representatives on the State Graffiti Taskforce include:
- Western Australia Police Force (chairing agency)
- Department of Justice
- Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries
- Department of Education
- Department of the Premier and Cabinet
- Public Transport Authority
- National Broadband Network
- Main Roads WA
- Water Corporation
- Western Power
- Parliament of Western Australia
- West Australian Local Government Association (WALGA)
- Neighbourhood Watch WA
- Property Council of Australia